Monday, March 24, 2014

Needlework Unlimited


Hi, my name is Amy. I am writing to you from the pulling table at Needlework Unlimited. This has been my “home” store for many years – when I lived in Uptown, when I lived in Northeast, and even when I moved to Robbinsdale a couple of years ago.




I participated in (and completed) my first yarn shop hop last year. It was incredible to see and experience all of the stores – I had no idea there were so many fantastic shops all over the Twin Cities.

I made a couple of lunchtime excursions to visit some of the stores with coworkers of mine. During one of the quick shop tours, I brought them to Needlework Unlimited and pointed out all of my favorite things about the store: the colorful wall of yarn, the giant “SOCKS” sign (made out of socks), all of the luxury fibers (isn’t cashmere wonderful?) and the fantastic samples everywhere, of course.



The yarn shop hop was so much fun. I took photos at each shop, and tried to buy a little bit of something everywhere (souvenirs, of course). I’ll confess that I didn’t have the best stash at home, but the shop hop really opened my eyes to quality fibers and impressive patterns. It renewed my excitement to knit!

A few days later, I got a call from Laura telling me that I won the shop’s first place prize. (In fact, I still have the voicemail message.) I was SO THRILLED! I can’t even describe how
 overwhelmed with excitement I was. So even though it was the middle of the workday, I grabbed my coworkers again and drove as quickly as possible back to the shop.








Amazing – Wonderful – Spectacular! I love Needlework Unlimited and I love the yarn shop hop!

The other great part? While I was in the store picking up all of my wonderful prizes, I got to meet Laura and Paul (he took the photo) and Karen. I told them about how I daydream about working in a yarn store on super stressful days at work. And a few months later? Here I am: an employee! I am so proud to be a part of the Needlework Unlimited crew and I am looking forward to experiencing the yarn shop hop from a different perspective this year.

Enjoy the hop, and we can’t wait to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment