Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Sheepy Yarn Shoppe


21 years and counting; Marj, the owner of A Sheepy Yarn Shoppe, reminisces.

"Knitting was part of the college scene during the 50's and 60's, so that is where I begin the journey.

Living in Argentina, South America for 11 years introduced me to the wonderful world of Llama, Alpaca, Guanaco and Vicuna as well as great wools and pima cottons. My years in the corporate world here in the US allowed sporadic knitting, however, my passion really began when I decided to buy the Sheepy Shop in White Bear Lake in 1991. (Now called A Sheepy Yarn Shoppe).

When I retired from corporate in 1992, I was able to dedicate more time to my "retirement business". Turns out it has become more than a "retirement business" - it has become a great adventure and passion.

We will celebrate our 21st anniversary in May of this year, thanks to a very dedicated staff. It is very rewarding to be part of a knitter's journey as they challenge themselves in discovering new patterns and designs. This stress relieving hobby has exploded in recent years as we discover the creativity inside of us, just waiting to be released. And, who doesn't need a new, hand knitted sweater?"

No comments:

Post a Comment